Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hot Chocolate 15K Race

 
This morning I ran the 15 K/9.3 Mile Hot Chocolate Race...also known as "America's Sweetest Race". It was the first long distance race that I've run since the girls were born.  I was super pumped for the race & the girls were very excited to ride the train downtown with daddy to cheer me on. It gave me some added motivation knowing that I'd see them at mile 2 & at the finish line too.  Thankfully Kris gave me good instructions on where they would be standing so I was able to wave to them from a distance & stop to say hi while Kris snapped a few photos.  The race was lots of fun & I beat my goal finish time too & finished in the top 90% of female runners...yay!!!  The hot chocolate & chocolate fondue upon finishing the race was an added bonus too. Best hot chocolate & fondue ever!!! :)