Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Santa's Moonighting As A Dentist


Josie has had a very wibbly, wobbly tooth for many weeks now.  We are amazed that it's still "hanging" there as it's really ready to come out.  After the girls introduced Santa to their dolls & told him their "wish list" for the second time :) he began to ask Josie about her loose tooth.  They talked for a few minutes & then he told them he would be right back.  They watched him in awe as he talked to one of his elves.  I was standing nearby & overheard him asking for a napkin.  I offered him a wet wipe but he said he needed a napkin.  Hmmm....I thought "What does Santa need a napkin for?" Then he pulled me aside as the girls looked on. I think they thought it was pretty cool that Santa wanted to talk to mommy privately.  He whispered "Mom, this tooth needs to come out tonight!!!"  He proceeded to ask me if I was okay with him pulling it out.  Well he is Santa Claus so I gave him my approval.  And so he sat back down in his chair & told Josie that he wanted to take another look at her wibbly, wobbly tooth. The next thing I knew he was getting ready to pull it out.  However, Josie did NOT want it to come out.  As tears began to form in her eyes, he tried to tell her that it needed to come out tonight. He even told her that the Tooth Fairy gives more money for teeth pulled out by Santa Claus.  As much as Josie wanted the money, she wanted to hold on to her tooth more, just for a few more days.  Which was fine by Santa.  We said our thank you's & good-byes & as I looked back a huge line had formed behind us waiting to see Santa.  Everyone was looking on smiling at how cool it was to see Santa Claus in action trying to be a dentist.  Oh my, what a cool memory for the girls.  The expression on Gracie's face is PRICELESS. She's been telling everyone our Santa story at school.  #lovesantaclaus