Monday, February 17, 2014

G & J Half Birthday


Summer birthday's are not overlooked at school as you get to bring in your birthday treat on your half birthday.  The girls were very excited to celebrate their half birthday at school with their friends. And they wanted mommy to bake something special as Gracie said "Everyone's mom's just buy things from the grocery store & it's boring!!! " :)  And since I like to bake, I was up for the challenge.  So I let the girls decide what they wanted me to make & they both agreed that they wanted Nana Marci's chocolate texas sheet cake.  But they also wanted me to make pink, purple & yellow frosting so that each square had yummy frosting on it.  I couldn't turn this request down.   Once the platter was ready, Josie told me it looked "Awesome" & after school Gracie told me that some of her friends said that her dessert was better than any that they have had from a bakery.  Wow!!! Mommy feels extra special for spending the afternoon baking for my girls.  We also took flip flop napkins to bring a little summer to winter.  Josie's teacher sent us a cute picture of her enjoying her dessert in her birthday crown too, yay!!! :)